Invest in Lifelong Learning! – Our 2022 Annual Appeal
“You are a beautifully and thoughtfully run operation, and no one does it as well!” are the best words we can hear as we reflect on the Museum’s incredible growth from our conceptual opening in 2012.
The Museum’s board and staff are guided by the belief that
- children deserve a high-quality interactive museum in their community.
- a children’s museum positively impacts quality of life and economic revitalization in downtown Torrington.
Using community feedback and considerable community investment, we have evolved into a better, more impactful museum. We meet the needs of the community by:
- developing thoughtfully-designed brain-building exhibits.
- providing a neutral place for educators, service providers and families to work together.
- fostering positive shared experiences that decrease social isolation.
- expanding access programs to welcome underserved families.
- collaborating with community partners to create diverse, innovative programs.
- attracting visitors from across the state to discover a vibrant downtown in Torrington.
As a non-profit organization, the Museum’s admission fees provide less than half of the Museum’s operating expenses. Donations to the annual operating fund strengthen the Museum’s ability to be an inviting destination, economic driver, cultural gateway, community resource, and educational laboratory.
We now ask YOU to be a part of this work by making a donation to KidsPlay Children’s Museum in your end-of-year charitable giving. Your gift allows us to sustain our position as an exceptional venue that draws visitors to downtown Torrington and fosters a lifelong love of learning.