Would you like to:
- support children and their caregivers to feel a sense of normalcy, build confidence, increase resiliency, and explore learning concepts in a safe and supportive environment?
- strengthen KidsPlay's operations as we emerge from the pandemic?
- have a positive economic impact on downtown Torrington?
- ensure all families in our community and surrounding regions are welcomed and feel a sense of belonging?
This year's appeal is designated to significantly reduce the cost of admission tickets and memberships for low-income families. This initiative addresses some of the inequities that have become more apparent over the past year.
A Museum for the Community enables more caregivers to be able to say "Yes!" when their children ask to come to KidsPlay, and more children will benefit from the social-emotional and educational value of the Museum.
How you can help:
- Be socially (media) active: Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter and then share or post on your own social media feeds. Use the hashtags #kidsplaymuseum and #givelocalgwlh to show that our community is full of generosity!
- Become a fundraising champion: We really need fundraising champions to help drive people to our Give Local profile on April 20 - 21. Go to this link and click on the Fundraise button to sign up or contact us for more information on other ways you can help.
- Donate: Every dollar that you give counts! Not only is your gift stretched further by additional funds provided by the Connecticut Community Foundation and their generous sponsors, but your gifts can also help us win prizes! Please consider donating during the following time periods to multiply your impact:
- "Give Litchfield County!" runs from 10 am to 7 pm on Tuesday, April 20. This $1,000 prize is awarded to the Litchfield County organization that has the most unique donors during that time period. Each individual who donates counts as a unique donor and even a $10 gift will help us reach our goal!
- "Dollars for Litchfield County" runs from 12 pm to 3 pm on Wednesday, April 21. FM 97.3 WZBG will present a $1,000 prize to the Litchfield County organization that raises the most revenue during this time.
Thank you so much for your support. It is truly appreciated!