Kids in Motion - Balloon Games
Balloons are fun, they are colorful, and they can be used in lots of active games. This week, give your child a balloon and ask him or her to create a game with it. Since balloons are so light and are unpredictable in their movement patterns, the games are sure to be an active and enjoyable challenge.
Encourage your child to add more props and twists to the games.
- Do they need to make a paddle or find a basket to catch the balloons?
- Does the game involve sitting on and popping the balloons?
- Is it a color-matching game?
- Maybe some balloons need to be filled with water or sand - how does weight change the game?
*We recommend adult supervision during balloon play with young children due to a potential choking hazard.
- Lois Logan, Exhibit Exploration Specialist