KidsPlay Mission in Motion Outreach Program
Introducing Rigamajig Engineers, a KidsPlay Mission in Motion Outreach Program designed for schools, libraries, camps, and other public service organizations. This program provides children the opportunity for hands-on STEM learning with the use of KidsPlay’s popular Rigamajig Exhibit. Each workshop is approximately an hour in length and is facilitated by KidsPlay educators and staff. It includes time for guided and self-directed play.
Rigamajig is a collection of child-safe wooden planks, wheels, pulleys, nuts, bolts, gears, and rope.
Rigamajig empowers the CHILD to:
- Engage in hands-on learning.
- Develop creativity and resourcefulness through experimentation.
- Take risks and see that sometimes “failures” lead to innovation, achievement and success.
- Think like an engineer, choose challenging projects, create.
- Become a strategic thinker using reasoning and teamwork to solve problems.
- Develop enthusiasm and passion for learning.
- Work together with caregivers and peers, progressing their knowledge through collaboration.
- Develop a descriptive and technical vocabulary.
- Be curious about the world around them.
Call today to book your program - 860-618-7700.