What happens at KidsPlay Children’s Museum? Playing – yes! Learning – yes! Socializing - yes! And all this fun? It is preparing children for a future where they thrive intellectually, socially, and emotionally. Purposeful play gives children the opportunity to discover, imagine, and create.
Over the past five years, KidsPlay has evolved from an innovative concept to an established institution for hands-on learning that builds life skills, sparks curiosity, and strengthen relationships.
• Welcomed over 135,000 visitors to engage in planned, purposeful and creative learning through play.
• Increased exhibits and programs that foster curiosity and promote creative play and problem-solving.
• Empowered caregivers to embrace the significance of play as a learning tool and encouraged them to be active participants in the child’s play-to-learn activities.
• Served families who reflect our community’s socio-economic, cultural, and educational diversity.
• Contributed to the economic redevelopment of downtown Torrington as an active cultural, arts, commercial, and educational center.
We now ask YOU to consider supporting KidsPlay Children’s Museum in your end-of-year charitable giving. Your gift will provide children more opportunities for self-directed creative learning to develop the scientists, engineers, technologists, educators, builders, medical professionals and all engaged citizens of tomorrow.
President, Board of Directors
P.S. Please give today! We've accomplished so much this year, but we still have a lot to do to prepare children for future challenges. Hands-on, playful learning must be available and accessible in our community.