KidsPlay has a wonderful team of caring, dedicated employees. As we grow, we will need more staff to grow with us. If you are interested in working at KidsPlay, please send an email to: email@example.com with a resume and letter of introduction attached.
The Guest Service Associate ensures the safety and enjoyment of museum guests, maintains a clean and attractive museum environment, and implements operational procedures and protocols for guest services,including but not limited to guest safety, first aid, and emergency procedures.
- Display a welcoming and friendly manner and promote positive guest experiences.
- Ensure a safe, clean, and welcoming environment through coordinated daily cleaning of all public spaces (lobby, gift area, exhibit spaces, multipurpose room, restrooms, sidewalk and parking lot).
- Monitor and manage children’s play and interactions to maximize the experience while ensuring safety and the integrity of the exhibits.
- Remove any soiled or unsafe toys or materials.
- Ensure the safety and functionality of all exhibits. Report all maintenance issues and follow up as necessary.
- Utilize Altru software to best serve and understand our audience and increase efficiency museum-wide.
- Implement guest experience operations including selling museum admission and memberships, welcoming groups and parties, and maintaining the gift shop.
- Keep confidential the business functions of the Museum including, but not limited to, financial status, customer information, employee issues, etc.
- Must perform any other required duties as requested by the Operations Manager or Museum Director to aid in better operation of the Museum and service to the customers.
- Follow all opening and closing checklists including approved cash management procedures.
- Follow all security procedures and practices.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
The Guest Service Associate isenergetic, enthusiastic, well-organized, and creative.
- Displays a friendly, welcoming manner.
- Has patience and understanding for every person that is encountered.
- Is flexible and adaptable to the changes that will occur in the position.
- Can communicate effectively on the telephone and in person.
- Is organized, honest, and work well with others, and have an outgoing personality.
- Maintains a clean work area and person.
- High School diploma
- Prior work history in point of sale or admissions, supervision, and customer service
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability in technology use and database management
- Museum, nonprofit, or school experience preferred
Considerable standing, walking, stooping, and stair climbing. Some lifting of more than 20 lbs., bending, and stretching overhead is required. Use of ladders and tools and exposure to paints, glues and solvents. Exposure to bodyf luids (e.g. diapering equipment and the use of spill kits for vomit).Outdoor activities may expose this position to extremes in temperature and inclement weather.
Due to varying museum hours, program scheduling, and offsite programming, the Guest Service Associate is expected to have a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends.
Please submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter with an expression of interest
- List of three employment references with contact information (to be contacted with prior consent only)